Queen's University provides many services to our students including Academic Supports, Health & Wellness, and Student Life services. For more details about the types of support available at the Faculty of Education contact the Student Services Office at Duncan McArthur Hall, Room A112.
Ban Righ Centre
32 Bader Lane
The centre welcomes women of diverse backgrounds and all ages, especially those returning to university after a time away, and offers community, personal, practical and financial support.
Four Directions Indigenous Student Centre
146 Barrie Street
A home away from home for Queen’s Indigenous community. The centre’s programs include 1:1 advising, personal support and counselling, cultural workshops, elder services, traditional teachings and ceremonies, a lounge, library, laundry, kitchen, feasts and a Supporting Indigenous Graduate Enhancement pod.
Student Community Relations Office
JDUC, Room 142a, 87 Union St.
Guidance and advice about living in the Kingston community, including information about housing, leases, insurance, moving in, moving out and neighbour issues.
140 Stuart Street
Yellow House is a safe, comfortable and accountable space for queer, racialized, and marginalized students to create community, to feel empowered, to empower others, to celebrate and to honour their histories. Yellow House seeks to engage students in initiatives that actively dismantle oppressive, racist and colonial ideologies and practices.
Queen’s University International Centre (QUIC)
JDUC, Room 111, 87 Union St.
The centre provides an informal gathering place for the international members of the Queen’s community to network and receive non-academic advice. Supports and programs are offered to students interested in internationalizing their education on campus or through study, work or travel abroad.
West Campus Information
The paved parking lots immediately behind McArthur Hall require a parking permit which must be purchased from Campus Parking.
There is a pay and display parking lot in front of McArthur Hall. You can choose to pay by coin. credit card, or by using the Honk smart phone app. The parking lot is regularly monitored and parking tickets are issued. Once you receive a ticket, the Faculty has no means of waving it and cannot pay the fine for you. Parking permits are not required after 5 pm or on weekends.
Teacher Candidate Parking Pass
This is an exclusive offer for teacher candidates (Consecutive B.Ed., Dip.Ed. and final year Concurrent) only. Permit holders can use this permit to park behind Duncan McArthur Hall in the paved lots (not the gravel lots at Richardson Stadium).
- You can find current rates on the Queen's Parking Services website, look under West Campus, Education Students
- Questions? Contact Queen's Parking Services: email@example.com.
This special permit agreement provides the convenience of only paying for parking during scheduled classes (no payment is taken for teaching placement weeks).
Resources for housing:
- Queen's Community Housing - University-owned off-campus rental property information as well as a Queen's owned accommodation listing service.
- Student Community Relations Office - Provides guidance and advice about living in the Kingston community, including information about housing, leases, insurance, moving in and out and neighbour issues.
- Summer Term Main Campus Residence Rentals - you can rent rooms on main campus - about a 15 minute walk from west campus - during the summer term.
- Queen's University Off Campus Housing Facebook Group - a popular way to find roommates or subleases - particularly over the summer.
- Rentals.ca - a Canadian rental website.
During the school year, Jean Royce Dining Hall is open - the building is attached to McArthur Hall. Within Duncan McArthur Hall, there are vending machines and microwaves available for student use.
Short walks from MacArthur Hall:
- Bearance's Grocery (5 minute walk) - has various groceries along with a deli counter that sells freshly made sandwiches
- Juniper Cafe (15 minute walk) - has coffee, lunch options and baked goods
- Subway (10 minute walk)
- Tim Horton's (10 minute walk)