Support Services works in collaboration with central IT Services to support staff and faculty in their academic and administrative endeavours by providing:
- Helpdesk (hardware & software support)
- Wireless & Network Access
- Purchasing IT hardware, software, and accessories for Faculty use
- Technical support for the Queen's Learning Management System (LMS) onQ
- Online IT training for faculty & staff (lynda.com)
- Workshops in emerging Educational Technologies for students
Booking Equipment, Rooms, Keys, and more
To book equipment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to book a Zoom Webinar? Click here to go to our Webinar Request Form
Need to book a room? Click here to go to our Room Booking Form
Need a fob or a key? Click here to go to our Access Request Form
Need office hoteling space? Click here to go to our Education Technology and Facility Services Booking Form
Location & Mailing Address
Duncan McArthur Hall, Room B242 (B-Wing, Second Floor)
511 Union Street, Queen's University
Kingston ON K7M 5R7
8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Technical Assistance and Remote Support:
Mon - Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
Continuing Teacher Education
(CTE AQ/ABQ Course Candidates) &
Support Services acts as Administrator for the Faculty of Education Learning Management System (LMS) onQ.
- Creating courses for Faculty
- Copying and moving course content from previous years
- Enrolling students
- One-to-one assistance in using onQ for faculty and staff
- Delivering onQ workshops on request for faculty and staff
- Technical assistance with issues related to onQ.
To book assistance with onQ or set up a workshop please email EdHelp (email@example.com).
The link to onQ can be found by clicking on the red button "Search and Sign-in" in the top right corner of this webpage. A new menu will appear at the top of the webpage, from here simply click on "onQ". To login to your course please use your Queen’s NetID (e.g., 8abc987) and Password. If you do not remember your NetID password please see below.
NOTE to Course Candidates: Your NetID may not become active in onQ until a day or two before the session starts. Links to your course(s) may not become active until the first day of the session.
NOTE to Teaching Assistants: Your Employee NetID will be the login information use must use to access your courses that you will be assisting with. Your current student NetID will not be added to the course you are assisting with. Please visit NetIDs for Student Employees: Teaching Assistants and Teaching Fellows on the ITS website for more information.
Please choose one of the help desks below for further support:
- Education Help Desk (CTE Candidates & Instructors see below)
(613) 533-6722 during regular business hours
- Continuing Teacher Education Help Desk (CTE AQ/ABQ course Candidates & Instructors)
CTE Help Desk telephone support hours and the Technical Support online help form
613-533-2387 during regular (or extended) hours
Forgot your NetID Password?
- Instructors & TAs: If you have previously provided answers to the security questions, you may be able to do a self-service password reset, found at the bottom of the NetID Manager page. If that does not work for you, please contact EdHelp in order to have your password reset.
- Students: You may be able to use the self-help password reset link at the bottom of the NetID Manager page.
Keep checking back for training materials and videos for Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Zoom COVID-19 Support Information
- Zoom Attendance Management (162 MB)
- Zoom Meetings for Education
- Zoom Meetings Training Reference Guide (PDF 1389 KB)
- Zoom 101: Polling (In-meeting)
- Zoom 101: Manage Participants (In-depth)
- Zoom 101: Breakout Rooms
- Enable Breakout Rooms for your Zoom Meetings
- How to use Breakout Rooms
- Zoom Directions for Student (PDF 1,697 KB)
You can run an Internet Speed Test to ensure you have adequate bandwidth for Zoom and Teams.
If your speeds are less than 5Mbps, you may have connection or quality issues. If you're not sure, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll give you a hand!
Zoom: Wireless (WiFi) Connection Issues
Zoom: Joining a test meeting
Click the link below to join a Zoom Test Meeting!