The Faculty Board has the following responsibilities:
- to recommend to the Senate programs of study leading to degrees or diplomas, and the conditions of admission;
- to decide upon applications for admission for change of programs, subject to the regulations of the Senate;
- to submit to the Senate names of candidates for both earned and honorary degrees and diplomas;
- to arrange the timetable for classes and to edit the Faculty Calendar, subject to the approval of Senate;
- to control registrations, subject to the regulations of the Senate;
- to deal with course failures;
- to determine policies regarding academic supervision over students;
- to make such recommendations to the Senate as the Faculty may deem expedient for promoting the efficiency of the University as a whole and the Faculty of Education in particular;
- to award Faculty of Education scholarships, medals and prizes;
- to make such regulations as may be necessary for the exercise of the function of the Faculty.
Academic staff are defined as full-time faculty members and instructors responsible for planning and teaching of courses, and evaluating students within any course as authorized by the Faculty of Education leading to Queen’s University degrees or diplomas. Furthermore, The Principal, the Vice Principals, the University Registrar and the Dean of Graduate Studies are ex officio members of the Faculty Board.
The terms of office of Faculty members on Standing Committees are three years. Terms may be reduced or extended by one year. The exceptions to normal term length are those of Promotion, Renewal & Tenure and the Appointments Committee where the term is one year.
The Faculty of Education representative on Senate serves for a period of three years. If the situation arises that a representative on Senate must step down for a period longer than 6 months of their 3-year term, the Faculty will elect a replacement member to fill the duration of that term.
Items for the Agendas should be sent (in copy/ready form and electronically) to Lisa Tugnette. If you are making a report that you would like included in the Minutes please forward these to the Secretary in advance or following the meeting. Meetings will be held in the Vernon Ready Room unless specified elsewhere. Please feel free to bring your lunch.
Note that Agenda Items are generally due by 3:30 pm 10 days before the meeting.
Monday, August 23, 2021, 1 pm | Agenda Items due by August 13
Monday, October 18, 2021, 1 pm | Agenda Item due by October 8
Monday, November 22, 2021, 1 pm | Agenda items due by November 12
Monday, January 24, 2022, 1 pm | Agenda items due by January 14
Monday, February 28, 2022 at 1 pm | Agenda items due by February 18
Monday, April 25, 2022 at 1 pm | Agenda items due by April 15
Monday, May 9, 2022 at 1 pm | Agenda items due by April 29
Monday, June 20, 2022 at 1 pm | Agenda items due by June 10
Monday, August 1, 2022 at 1 pm | Agenda Items due by August 5