The paved parking lots immediately behind McArthur Hall require a parking permit, which must be purchased from Campus Parking.
There is a "pay and display" parking lot in front of McArthur Hall. You can choose to pay by coin, credit card, or by using the Honk smart phone app. City of Kingston parking tickets are issued for parking violations. Once you receive a ticket, the Faculty has no means of waiving it and cannot pay the fine for you. Parking permits are not required after 5 pm or on weekends.
Teacher Candidate Parking
This is an exclusive offer for teacher candidates (Consecutive B.Ed., Dip.Ed. and final year Concurrent) only. Permit holders can use this permit to park behind Duncan McArthur Hall in the paved lots (not the gravel lots at Richardson Stadium).
- You can find current rates on the Queen's Parking Services website, look under West Campus, Education Students
- You can apply for a West Campus permit online
- Questions? Contact Queen's Parking Services: email@example.com.
This special permit agreement provides the convenience of only paying for parking during scheduled classes (no payment is taken for teaching placement weeks).
Nearby Food Options
During the school year, Jean Royce Dining Hall is open - the building is attached to McArthur Hall. Within Duncan McArthur Hall, there are vending machines and microwaves available for student use.
Short walks from MacArthur Hall:
- Bearance's Grocery (5 minute walk) - has various groceries along with a deli counter that sells freshly made sandwiches
- Juniper Cafe (15 minute walk) - has coffee, lunch options and baked goods
- Subway (10 minute walk)
- Tim Horton's (10 minute walk)