How to Apply - Concurrent Education

Con-Ed students at opening day west campus final yearBefore applying, please review the admission requirements and other information about our Concurrent Education program

Applicants apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC). Application to the Concurrent Education program is made at the same time as application to Bachelor of Arts, Fine Art, Music or Science programs at Queen's University. Applications are coordinated by the Queen’s University Undergraduate Admission Office.

See how to apply to Artist in Community EducationIndigenous Teacher Education, or Outdoor and Experiential Education. Documents are submitted to Student Services Office in December prior to entering the final B.Ed. year.

Con-Ed students at opening day west campus final yearPersonal Statement of Experience

Admission is very competitive and we use the Personal Statement of Experience (PSE) and your academic record to help make admission decisions. For Concurrent Education, completion of the PSE is optional-but recommended. While it is recommended that all applicants submit a PSE, applicants who have not submitted a PSE will be considered equally for admission. For applicants who fall within a critical range, we may consider your PSE, in support of your application to the program. 

Personal qualities and experiences are vitally important to the successful educator. The Faculty of Education encourages Concurrent Education applicants to focus their PSE on what would make you a good teacher. When choosing one extracurricular activity or one employment opportunity you have listed, describe the impact of this experience and the greatest learning outcome for you from the perspective of what would make you a good teacher. The readers of your PSE will be looking for you to explain what you have learned from your experience that will help you as a future educator.

View more information on the PSE.

If you have questions, please contact Student Services Office.

Admission Dates and Deadlines

Key dates for 2022 admission

English Language Requirements

Find out more