Faculty of Education

Faculty of Education
Faculty of Education

How to Apply - Concurrent Education 

Before applying, please review the admission requirements and other information about our Concurrent Education program

International applicants, applicants whose native language is not English, and students interested in special admissions to graduate courses, please see the sections at the bottom of this page. 

Applicants apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC), Teacher Education Application Services (TEAS).  Application to the Concurrent Education program is made at the same time as application to Bachelor of Arts, Fine Art, Music or Science programs at Queen's University. Applications are coordinated by the Queen’s University Undergraduate Admission Office. See key dates.

See how to apply to Aboriginal Teacher Education, Artist in Community Education or Outdoor and Experiential Education. Documents are submitted to Student Services in December prior to entering the final B.Ed. year.

Personal Statement of Experience

Admission is very competitive and we use the Personal Statement of Experience (PSE) and your academic record to help make admission decisions. For Concurrent Education, completion of the PSE is optional-but recommended. While it is recommended that all applicants submit a PSE, applicants who have not submitted a PSE will be considered equally for admission. For applicants who fall within a critical range, we may consider your PSE, in support of your application to the program. 

Personal qualities and experiences are vitally important to the successful educator. The Faculty of Education encourages Concurrent Education applicants to focus their PSE on what would make you a good teacher. When choosing one extracurricular activity or one employment opportunity you have listed, describe the impact of this experience and the greatest learning outcome for you from the perspective of what would make you a good teacher. The readers of your PSE will be looking for you to explain what you have learned from your experience that will help you as a future educator.

For more information on the PSE, see: queensu.ca/admission/apply/pse.

If you have questions, please contact Student Services.

Apply Now

Equity Admissions for Bachelor of Education/Diploma in Education

Queen’s University attempts each year to admit a student body reflective of the general population of Canada. The Faculty of Education has developed an admission policy regarding equitable representation of groups that are underrepresented in the teaching profession, and has reserved a number of equity admission places in the Bachelor of Education and Diploma in Education Programs. Those who complete the voluntary Equity Admission form will be considered both under the general admission procedure and under the equity admission policy.

International Transcripts (Bachelor of Education/Diploma of Education Admissions)

For the Bachelor of Education/Diploma in Education, applicants who obtained a degree from a foreign institution (from non-Canadian or American institutions) must have all international official transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES) (ICAP course-by-course assessment).

Note that it can take upwards of six weeks for WES to receive official transcripts from a foreign academic institution, after which point the WES evaluation can take a week or longer to complete. Applicants should begin the evaluation process as early as possible.

Ensure you are on the Canadian page (a maple leaf in the banner). Applicants are responsible for the costs associated with the WES evaluation and any translation required. Applicants must request that WES evaluations be sent directly to Student Services by the official transcript deadline.

If you have questions, please contact Student Services.

Note: the Ontario College of Teachers set their own document and assessment requirements and policies, which may be different from the requirements noted in this policy. Completion of the B.Ed. degree requirements does not guarantee a teaching certificate. All graduates who apply to the Ontario College of Teachers must meet all their requirements. Current licensing requirements may be found on the web at oct.ca.