The Faculty Board has the following responsibilities:
- to recommend to the Senate programs of study leading to degrees or diplomas, and the conditions of admission;
- to decide upon applications for admission for change of programs, subject to the regulations of the Senate;
- to submit to the Senate names of candidates for both earned and honorary degrees and diplomas;
- to arrange the timetable for classes and to edit the Faculty Calendar, subject to the approval of Senate;
- to control registrations, subject to the regulations of the Senate;
- to deal with course failures;
- to determine policies regarding academic supervision over students;
- to make such recommendations to the Senate as the Faculty may deem expedient for promoting the efficiency of the University as a whole and the Faculty of Education in particular;
- to award Faculty of Education scholarships, medals and prizes;
- to make such regulations as may be necessary for the exercise of the function of the Faculty.
For more information, please see the Faculty Board Constitution.
The Faculty Board consists of the Dean and Associate Deans, the Education Registrar, academic staff, the Education Librarian and the professional library staff, student representatives and staff representatives.
Academic staff are defined as full-time faculty members and instructors responsible for planning and teaching of courses, and evaluating students within any course as authorized by the Faculty of Education leading to Queen’s University degrees or diplomas. Furthermore, The Principal, the Vice Principals, the University Registrar and the Dean of Graduate Studies are ex officio members of the Faculty Board.
The terms of office of Faculty members on Standing Committees are three years. Terms may be reduced or extended by one year. The exceptions to normal term length are those of Promotion, Renewal & Tenure and the Appointments Committee where the term is one year.
The Faculty of Education representative on Senate serves for a period of three years. If the situation arises that a representative on Senate must step down for a period longer than 6 months of their 3-year term, the Faculty will elect a replacement member to fill the duration of that term.
For current members on Faculty Board Committees, see: Standing Committee Membership 2016-17
Items for the Agendas should be sent (in copy/ready form and electronically) to Bonnie Knox. If you are making a report that you would like included in the Minutes please forward these to the Secretary in advance or following the meeting. Meetings will be held in the Vernon Ready Room. Please feel free to bring your lunch for lunch-hour meetings.
Dates & Times
- Monday August 15, 2016, 1:00 pm (Agenda items due Monday August 8, 2016, 3:30 p.m. This meeting will include discussion of the Fall BEd/DipEd Degree list.)
- No meeting scheduled for September
- Monday October 17 2016, 1:00 p.m. (Agenda items due Monday October 7, 2016, 3:30 p.m.)
- Monday November 21, 2016, 1:00 p.m. (Agenda items due Monday November 14, 2016, 3:30 p.m.)
- No meeting scheduled for December
- Monday January 16, 2017 1:00 p.m. (Agenda items due Monday January 9, 2017, 3:30 p.m.)
- Monday February 27, 2017, 1:00 p.m. (Agenda items due Monday February 17, 2017, 3:30 p.m.)
- No meeting scheduled for March
- Monday April 10, 2017, 1:00 p.m. (Agenda items due Monday April 3, 2017, 3:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday May 15, 2017, 1:00 p.m. (Agenda items due Tuesday May 8, 2017, 3:30 p.m. This meeting will include discussion of the Spring BEd/DipEd Degree list)
- Monday June 19, 2017, 1:00 p.m. (Agenda items due Monday June 12, 2017, 3:30 p.m.)