Duncan McArthur Hall is an integrated educational complex that provides teaching and learning facilities, support services, and administrative offices under one roof. As all resources for effective education are at hand, the Faculty serves as a hub for the local education community.
Education Career Services: education career counselling, resources and events for current students and alumni
Support Services: e-learning and Information and Communication Technology support for students, faculty, staff and community events
Housing Board: short-term accommodation postings suitable for on-campus weeks at the Faculty of Education intended primarily for teacher candidates
Teacher Candidate Parking: an exclusive offer for Teacher Candidates that provides the convenience of only paying for parking during on-campus weeks
The Education Library: supports JK-12 including video-streaming, online & print fiction/non-fiction/textbooks, DVDs, puppets, games, manipulatives, Ministry documents, lesson plans, and 1000s of online books and journals for PD and research. Features SMART Boards, a Teaching Corner, an e-classroom, and an Ellison centre.
The Teacher Resource Centre: distributes resources to JK-12 schools in the Limestone District School Board, the Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board, and Queen’s University. Primary support is for JK-8, including French immersion, DVDs, class novel sets, hands-on resources and kits.
Jean Royce Dining Hall: adjacent and physically connected to Duncan McArthur Hall, provides breakfast, lunch and dinner and the West Side Barisa provides hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, salads and snacks
Teaching & Learning Facilities: e-learning & modern computer labs; a gymnasium for teaching & recreation; a theatre-auditorium for large lectures, concerts & dramatic productions; visual arts & drama studios; a technological education shop; a graduate student facility; an Aboriginal Teacher Education Program Resource Library and student lounge; special classrooms for most subjects; and classrooms with Smart Boards
The Graduate Student Facility: has 42 desk spaces for personal use and 14 computer desks/spots for common use, as well as kitchen facilities, a conference room, computers with internet access and lockers.
Graduate Studies Library: Located in the Graduate Lounge, a bookshelf is currently filled with books donated from various faculty members, and includes textbooks, old editions of course texts, journals, education newsletters, and government documents. Book donations are welcome!
Support Services: courier, campus, and regular mail; an organics program; shredding for faculty and staff; building access, safety and security; housekeeping and custodial services
For support services, please contact Brian Zufelt, the Faculty of Education Facilities Manager. For services for a Faculty sponsored event, please contact Angela Recoskie, the Faculty of Education Event Coordinator.
Queen's Services: Queen's Websites A-Z
- Aboriginal Student Centre (Four Directions)
- Access and Privacy (FIPPA)
- Athletics & Recreation
- Ban Righ Centre (a meeting place & resource centre for women)
- Campus Bookstore
- Campus Security
- Campus Accessibility Guide
- Career Services
- Centre for Teaching & Learning
- Chaplain's Office
- Childcare Guide
- Events Calendar
- Health, Counselling and Disability Services
- Health and Dental (Society of Graduate & Professional Students)
- Information Technology Services (NetID & Password, portal, email)
- Office of Research Services
- Physical Plant Services (parking, shuttle service, etc.)
- Queen's Learning Commons (services supporting formal academic programs within Stauffer Library)
- Queen's University International Centre (QUIC)
- Queen's University Library
- School of Graduate Studies
- Society of Graduate & Professional Students (SGPS)
- Student Affairs
- Student Awards (OSAP)
- Student Constables
- Student Safety and Community Living
- Telephone and Email Directory
- The Office of the University Registrar (SOLUS)
- The Writing Centre
- Walkhome Service