Celebration of Scholarly Activity
There is a lot of scholarly activity that takes place at our Faculty of Education. To celebrate the scholarly accomplishments of our faculty members, starting this year, our Faculty will be hosting an Annual Celebration of Scholarly Activity event.
Join us on February 21, 2017 as we share the 2016 success stories of our faculty members.
Accomplishments of 2016:
- Ben Bolden: recipient of the 2016 Choral Canada Competition for Choral Writing for his composition titled "Tread Softly" (learn more); and a new chairholder of the Faculty's UNESCO Chair in Arts & Learning
- Rosa Bruno-Jofre: a SSHRC Connection Grant, a project titled “Educationalization of social and moral problems in the western world and the educationalization of the world: historical dimensions through time and space”; and ASPP Publication Grant for work titled "Catholic Education in the Wake of Vatican II"
- Liying Cheng: a book titled "Assessment in the Language Classroom | Teachers Supporting Student Learning" (2017) (learn more)
- Lynda Colgan: a Ministry of Education grant for a project titled "Building parent engagement: A project to support the implementation of Ontario's Renewed Mathematics Strategy"; a Ministry of Education and the KNAER Secretariat grant for a project titled "Mathematics Knowledge Network: The Fields Institute"
- Amanda Cooper: a SSHRC Partnership Development Grant, co-applicant on a project titled "CITED: Partnered knowledge mobilization between researchers and media organizations" (learn more)
- Richard Reeve: a book titled "Design as Scholarship: Case Studies from the Learning Sciences" (2016), co-edited with Vanessa Svilhla
When: February 21, 2017 from 2:30pm to 4:00pm
Where: Education Library, Duncan McArthur Hall
Details: The celebration will include the following speeches:
- A welcome message by Dr. Liying Cheng, Acting Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies
- One-minute overview of the accomplishments from each faculty member
- A message from the 2016 recipients of the Faculty Awards in Research and International Research and Collaboration
Light refreshments will be provided.
- new SSHRC grants
- new external research grants/contracts
- Special awards, including new journal publication awards (e.g., official recognition of publication awards from scholarly societies or conferences, best paper of the year, or most cited paper of the year)
- Book publications